Last Updated on July 9, 2022 by Wishbonix
The primary use of oils in magic is to anoint the tools involved in the ritual or spell. This can include items like candles and amulets but can also be used to anoint your own hands. They can also be a substitute for incense, as their scent can also be viewed as a form of sacrifice, a concept that dates back to times before magic and witchcraft were treated with derision and skepticism.
However, the scent is not only used for sacrificial purposes; it can also be a means to create and focus energy and thus achieve better results with spells. Scent has a much greater and more profound magical effect than the words of an incantation that you include in your ritual. It can therefore be an even more effective way to empower yourself to get the most out of your ritual.
Carrying oil on a handkerchief or other item throughout the day can also be a great way to access your power. Consciousness sometimes forgets that the power is there and what you want to use it for. It means that the scent will tap into the more powerful areas of your subconscious, building more energy. Your subconscious allows you to access pathways for your ultimate goal that would not exist as products of your conscious mind.
Purposes of Oils in Magic and Witchcraft
Oils are also useful for drawing external energies into you. They are particularly diverse as they allow you to access almost any kind of outside energy and use the particular oil as a beacon to draw in this energy. This will enable you to harness and use it for your needs and in your magickal processes, spells, and rituals.
As well as the attraction of these energies, an oil can be especially valuable in that it can help you shape yourself and how you act. This can be achieved by nurturing a specific aspect of your personality. An example of this is Oil of Jupiter which can help to quell or strengthen your protective urges as a human.
Others can also be affected by the use of magical oils, as you can rub them on their skin to help them achieve a particular magical task. These powerful effects can also be achieved by giving the subject the oil in question to carry along with them while they go about the particular task. It is, however, very important to remember that oils should not be used on children and animals as they are more sensitive to their effects, and harm can easily be caused.
Wealth and Prosperity
If you have financial blockages within your spiritual path or wish to work magic to attract wealth and prosperity, these oils can be used to manifest wealth and prosperity.
- Almond – Attract wealth.
- Bergamot – Luck in the lottery
- Carnation – Use it to attract luck and prosperity.
- Cinnamon Bark – Encourage financial gains and invite money to find you.
- Chamomile – Luck in the lottery
- Frankincense – In ancient times, only the richest owned incense. It was and still is the anointing oil to attract wealth.
- Ginger – Enhances the Law of Attraction. Attracts wealth and success.
- Lemon Balm – The primary use of this oil is to help casters overcome money problems, which are often the result of poor life choices. These can be rectified with the help of oil that removes the mental barriers we set up for our-self.
- Myrrh – Opens the mind to receiving gifts. This oil is mentioned in the Bible among the rich.
- Orange – Attracts money and stability.
- Parsley – Financial wealth
- Patchouli – Use for attracting
- Sassafras – Oil of Prosperity
- Spruce – Clear mental blocks to prosperity and wealth.
Love and Romance
These oils remove blockages within your love path, reinforce intention, and help achieve your desires.
- Apricot Kernel – Apricot Oil is a key ingredient in spells to generate love and power. It is used in love spells to encourage love and passion.
- Avocado – Avocado oil is the symbol of reproduction. The positive energy that avocado oil exudes is known to ignite passion and build better sexual relationships.
- Bergamot – Use bergamot to fill your relationship with happiness, remove negative energy and open the path to love.
- Borage – Starflower oil, or borage oil as they are also known, is known to remove negative energy that is interfering in the current relationship. Use it to strengthen love and bring back lost love.
- Cardamon – This oil is used to power up libido and thus can be fantastic to inject some spice into a failing relationship.
- Cypress – This can help with healing and can be used to comfort someone in a difficult situation (e.g., family death).
- Jasmine – Jasmine is one of the best oils for love. Use it in your magic if your desires are related to attracting love, harmony, sexuality, sensuality, romance, passion, and happiness.
- Jojoba – Jojoba carries the power to clear a mind of negativity. It is used to strengthen fidelity in a relationship when it is beset by doubt.
- Olive – A powerhouse of love magic. Olive carries the power needed to return lost love, reconciliation, sexual energy, fidelity, harmony, and attracting/securing love.
- Rose – Another love powerhouse. Use rose for affection, attraction, devotion, loyalty, and to remove negative energy.
- Rosehip – Rosehip has always been associated with love. It is always an ingredient in love potions and has even been used to heal the spirit from the damage caused by a broken heart.
- Sage – Sage is best for removing and cleansing negative energy and creating a positive space for your magic.
- Sweet Almond – Used to ignite a tender relationship and provide a protective shell for people in spells.
- Vanilla – Vanilla is a key ingredient in spells to attract love and lust. Use them in spells for marriage, passion, peace, happiness, and desire.
Attunement is a way to attune to your mind, body, and spirit using only oils and your senses. Many practitioners use these oils to get into the right state of mind before casting spells and building up energy. This is a great way to get into a proper state of meditation.
- Clary Sage – Strengthens your spirit. Use to balance your chakras.
- Grapefruit – Refreshing and stimulating properties. Has an uplifting and invigorating effect.
- Peppermint – Clarity and energizing the brain.
- Sandalwood – Use to enhance prayer and meditation.
- Ylang-Ylang – Promotes feelings of peace, joy, relaxation, and love.
These oils can be used to banish negative energies, blockages, vibrations, and emotions from your soul and body. You can also use these oils in your rituals and spells.
- Amber – Used for purification, protection, and purification. It helps in releasing accumulated negative energies.
- Cedarwood – This oil is used to remove hexes and cleanse rooms. Use to keep negative energies and spirits away.
- Eucalyptus – Has cleansing, healing, and protective powers. Removes negative energies.
- Juniper Berry – Has the power to ward off evil and protect against negative energies. Juniper berries are used to purify rooms and magical tools.
- Lavender – Attracts peace, joy, and healing. Use in cleansing spells and baths.
- Tea Tree – Use cleansing and protection spells to drive away dark entities and protect objects or rooms. It contains the positive energies of protection and cleansing.
- White Sage – White sage is considered the best essential oil to cleanse a space, object, and person of negative energy.
Divination and Prophecy
Use these oils in your rituals when searching for information or hidden truths. They will assist you in getting into the right receptive state. These oils create a relaxing environment for you to open up mentally and emotionally.
- Bay – This is used for purification and psychic awareness. It allows you to separate yourself from the busyness of life and embrace your psychic mind.
- Camphor – Use this oil to increase psychic awareness and the effectiveness of divination rituals.
- Carnation – It has historically been associated with healing and protection.
- Cedarwood – Use to provide clarity during divination. It can also be used in rituals for healing and protection.
- Juniper Berries – Use in divination spells. Boosts supernatural abilities.
- Lilac – Enhance divination practices and increase your intuition and insight.
- Orange – Use for divination and increasing your intuition.
- Sandalwood – Use for clairvoyance and divination. Awakens divine thoughts. Sandalwood can promote a deep, meditative state.
To summarize, magical oils have many potential uses and can help enhance any spell you are setting up. As long as you choose the right oil for the job, it will certainly go well.